To download this document, click the button below
Nominations in respect of Protea Colours shall only be considered once a year and shall take the following criteria into account:
- S.A. Sport Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) must have granted prior approval for any participation in an international event, whether such event is held locally or in a foreign country.
- In order to obtain the required approval mentioned above, a formal Application for Participation in an International Event (available on request from MSA) must have been submitted by the competitor to MSA at least 45 days prior to competing in the international event/s on which the colours application is based.
- Unless exceptional circumstances exist, Protea colours nominations shall only be considered for competitors who have:
- Won a recognised South African National Championship title in the year under consideration, or the previous year (National Championship titles from two years or more earlier will generally not be taken into consideration unless other exceptional circumstances exist); and
- Taken part in, and finished within the first 20% of the whole field that participates in an International event, series or championship recognised by CIK, FIA or FIM (including FIM Africa Championships) in the current year; or
- Been selected by MSA, on merit, to form part of an official South African team participating in an international event recognised by MSA, CIK, FIA or FIM in the current year.
- Nominations in respect of colours must be made on the form prescribed by MSA and be accompanied by at least the supporting documentation listed below:
- Race results clearly showing finishing position attained as well as the number of other competitors who participated;
- Event regulations;
- A copy of the nominee’s passport;
- A copy of the starting permission issued by MSA to the nominee for the event/s concerned;
- A copy of the nominee’s SA identity document or birth certificate.
- Colours nominations will be recommended by the relevant MSA Sporting Commission/Steering Committee (where such a body is in place) and submitted to the relevant MSA Sport Co Ordinator.
- It is important to note that no Protea Colours nominations will be accepted after the 15th October of a given year.
- The MSA Sport Co Ordinators will submit the nominations for consideration to MSA’s Management Committee (ManCom). Nominations approved by ManCom shall then be forwarded to SASCOC by the MSA Operations Manager for final approval.